Join The Volunteer Crew!
Individual Volunteer Information
Want to go behind the scenes at the Insane Inflatable 5K and help produce this year’s most amazing new event? We’re looking for energetic individuals and organizations to provide great customer service to our Insane Inflatable 5K participants. Please note that Saturday volunteers do not have the ability to run the course.
Volunteers Will Receive
- Customized Insane Inflatable 5K Volunteer Crew T-Shirt
- Water and snacks to keep you energized
- Access to the Insane Midway, food, music and more
- More fun than anyone should have while volunteering!
What Do Volunteers Do?
Depending on event locations, volunteers may be assigned to do any of the following:
- Registration Area – Check in registered runners and distribute registration packets. Manage walk-up registrations and provide friendly customer service while assisting with basic event questions (Don’t worry, our staff will be there the entire time to work hand-in-hand with you).
- Starting Line and Finish Line – Assist with the flow at the starting line and provide runners with water, bananas, an awesome Insane Inflatable t-shirt and a finisher’s medal at the finish line.
- Parking – Assist the Insane Inflatable parking team with parking vehicles in dedicated lots.
- Course Water Stop & Obstacle Monitor – Ensure runners stay on the route, provide a cup of water at water stations and instruct participants on completing obstacles. Watch out for, and report any injuries — and offer motivation along the way!
- Insane Midway – Assist with merchandising, complimentary bag check and midway entertainment.
- Tear-down (All day and afternoon shift only) – Assist with basic tear-down of the event: taking down tents, inventorying apparel, and breaking down Insane Midway.
Friday Volunteer Shift
We are looking for a few recruits to assist with event setup on each Friday before event day. Friday volunteers will work an 4-hour shift from 10AM – 2PM at the event venue and get:
- Customized Insane Inflatable 5K Volunteer Crew t-shirt
- Snacks and fluids to keep you energized
- Free registration to run on Saturday! (Entry is limited to “open” waves; sold out waves not available)
Saturday Event Volunteer Shift
We’ll feed you, keep you hydrated and fit you with a custom volunteer t-shirt. Volunteers are expected to work their entire shirt, and therefore are not able to run the course. The event-day (Saturday) shift is the following:
- 7:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Saturday Breakdown Volunteer Shift
If you want to run the course AND get the volunteer experience, the breakdown shift is your perfect fit! Volunteers receive free registration to participate in the 10:00 a.m. wave, and will also receive snacks, water and a volunteer t-shirt. The breakdown shift is the following:
- 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Need Volunteer Hours?
If you need volunteer hours for your organization, school, etc. – we will help you out! The Insane Inflatable 5K is a great option for you. Sign up and put in the work, and we will gladly sign off on any forms.
Please fill out a Contact Us form (Select “Volunteering” from the drop-down menu) and someone will be in touch with you ASAP. Thank you!
Charity Group Volunteer Information
The Insane Inflatable 5K is committed to making a difference in your community! We want to help raise funds and awareness for nonprofit and charitable organizations in your area. There are two options to choose from, volunteering on event day or receiving a kick-back from registrations sold. Read on to find info about both!
What You Need To Know:
- Donations will only be made payable to 501c3 certified organizations with a signed agreement with the Insane Inflatable 5K.
- To be eligible for donations, volunteer groups of 10 or more must commit to staying for the duration of the 7:00am – 1:00pm shift.
- Volunteers must be 16 years and older to volunteer without a parent or guardian. Minimum age for volunteers accompanied by an adult (for the duration of the shift) is 10 years old.
- At each race, we will partner with multiple groups until we reach 40 donation volunteers.
- If your group cannot commit to 10 or more volunteers, let us know and we’ll fill you in on our other fundraising opportunities!
What Volunteers Receive:
- The Insane Inflatable 5K will donate $50 per person (minimum 10 people) to your favorite nonprofit or charitable organization. 10 volunteers = $500 to your cause!
- We will provide complimentary snacks and water to you on event day.
- All volunteers will receive a custom Insane Inflatable 5K volunteer t-shirt to wear at the event and take home as a souvenir.
Let’s get started:
- Please fill out the form below and someone will be in touch with you ASAP. Thank you!
Your group will be provided with a discount code that will allow anybody who uses it $5 off registration, and the organization will be compensated with a $5 kickback for every code use (min. 10 code uses/max. 50 uses per event)! It is up to you to get the word out to your supporters and constituents. Get 50 people to run for your cause, that is $250!
Let’s get started:
- Please fill out the form below and someone will be in touch with you shortly. Thank you!
*You will be responsible for providing a W-9 for the organization in order for a donation to be made.
Volunteer & Kickback Fundraiser Application
Volunteer Photographer Information
Are you a local photographer looking to increase your portfolio, gain shooting experience, or simply want to experience the insanity that goes along with our event? If so, then we have the perfect position for you! In an effort to provide runners with high-quality shots at each race location, we are looking for local photographers to provide their skills and equipment in exchange for one free race entry for a family member or friend!
In order to be selected as your city’s event photographer, please fill out the form below. If you are chosen, you will be sent an email with further instruction.
Do I need event photography experience?
No! As long as you have other shooting experience, you can still be in the running.
Can I use the free entry myself?
Unfortunately, we will need you to be taking pictures during the entirety of the event and therefore cannot run the course. However, you are welcome to share your free entry with a friend or family member!
Will you provide the camera?
Nope, as the photographer you will need to supply your own equipment.
Can I get photo credit?
Absolutely! When the photos are posted to Facebook, we will include photo credit and link to your page (if applicable).
How will I share the photos with you?
We ask that photographers simply upload the pictures to Dropbox the week after the race, and share the link with us.